Resin has wrinkles

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Ann:

i left a large piece unlevel while curing. product has wrinkles and i want to save pic but add another layer to even out first. can i do this? do i sand entire piece with 80 sandpaper just to get textured surface so new layer sticks? so, minor sanding? do the scratches disappear under new layer? thank you.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ann,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems getting your resin level. Were you using polyester resin by chance? If so, this resin does not self-level. Based upon what you are describing, it sounds like you were trying to apply a glossy coat of resin to a large picture or painting. Polyester resin does not work well for this purpose.

You could sand it, but it will be quite tedious. You need to start with a coarse grit sandpaper and end with 1000 grit or higher, otherwise, your sanding marks will be visible underneath the new layer of resin.

My best suggestion would be to level the piece and try again. Depending on how unlevel the resin layer is, you may want to use masking tape to create a dam around the entire perimeter of the piece. That way you can pour another layer of resin and it will hopefully even out.

If I were to attempt this, I would use the Resin Obsession artwork resin. It will self-level and should adhere to the polyester. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-artwork-resin

Good luck!

Debbie clack

Hi can anyone help please when i put the resin over my arcylic pour it is setting with snake like pattern over some of it i have sanded it but still happening.

Bhages

Hi, I used a UV light resin and I’m not sure why even after putting the UV light it is still sticky on top. Now it also have my finger prints and the mold wrinkles ….how can I remove it and shoukd I put in UV light until its not sticky???

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin has wrinkles’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube