Resin Inserts Aren’t Opaque

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lin Yi

Hello Newbie to resin here!

I’ve been printing resin inserts on transparencies using a laser printer, but I’ve noticed that when it comes to certain colors like pastels, the colors come out almost transparent with a few exceptions. When I print images, it’s even worse, not clear at all. Is there a way to get more opaque colors for text? And for images, is there I way I can use photo paper instead for inserts? Also, I recently saw someone post their resin piece and the insert was this layered font. It was super interesting because it was white (the bottom part was black and I think the font they used was Ziletti Pop Extrude). Isn’t it almost impossible to print white on transparency? Well, I’m not really sure if they printed it on transparency, but does anyone have an idea on how to print white text for resin inserts?

I wish there was a way that I could attach images, but this is where I saw the colored text that was super opaque. The white text is on their IG stories.

https://www.instagram.com/tinaa/?hl=en

Thank you so much!!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Lin Yi,

I like to print mine on white paper, then get them printed onto transparency sheets at a copy store. I think I get better results.

Lin Yi

Hi!

Thank you so much for this tip! I didn’t know this could be done! 🙂 so I would print first in white then ask them to copy it into transparency?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Yes, that’s what I would do, but you need to make sure the color prints white. i.e. There needs to be white ink to ‘copy’.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin Inserts Aren’t Opaque’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube