resin modpodge bowl.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      melissa

I have see several mode podge bowls or votive holder designs that I like but frankly think would be too fragile to be be practical. I had been considering the acrylic used for nails for an over coat to add more durability but a friend thought resin would work better. I am thinking maybe several light coats so it doesnt run/drip? Should I consider adjusting the consistency of the resin? Any ideas will be gratefully received.

Katherine Swift

Hi Melissa,

Resin can make a great surface for your bowl, but you are going to run into a few challenges.

1.  You will need to use a doming resin onto your bowl.  You will need to mix it EXACTLY to manufacturer instructions, otherwise it wont cure.  Doming resins are going to be thicker as compared to non doming resins.

2.  You will need to prop up your piece while you brush on the resin.  You can see the technique I used in this video to resin a flat painting:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLd09wc7r3o&list=UUq9DbnfK7sFPe9kcUEtVYaQ

3.  You are going to have to deal with drips!  While doing this project, you are every few minutes or so, wipe the drips off the edge of your bowl. 

Be sure to modpodge the bowl first, otherwise you will get water stains when you apply the resin.

Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘resin modpodge bowl.’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube