resin mold imperfect

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen

I’m making earrings using a mold. I keep getting more than half of them with tiny holes. I’m using Amazing Clear Cast and hitting with a flame to pop bubbles. Any tricks? I was thinking of making my own pressure machine to help this. I’ve even tried tapping and stirring to try to get them to disappear and the cast be perfect.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jen,

I’m sorry to hear you are having problems. There could be a few things going on. This article details why bubbles happen and what you can do about it:
      https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-bubbles/

Jen

thank you. I actually found the solution last night from the YouTube user casual diy. He shows options d where he warms the resin initially, mixes it, puts it back in warm water with a stick pulls out the stick and then flames the resin before pouring. I think the resin is too cold and I need to change the viscosity. Thank you for your response and the article is helpful.

Mark

Hi I just wanted to say that I have only casted resin with some polyester clear resin in 2017. Which went bad because of the interval between using. However I have other issues to contend with now. But the info from this site was and is invaluable. What would recommend for a less toxic option possibly food safe? I live in the Uk

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Mark,

I’m glad to hear we’ve been helpful to you.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a resin source in the UK I can recommend to you. 🙁

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘resin mold imperfect’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube