Resin not drying

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Gena:

Hi. I just read the resin/substrate article. Do you ever work with self-leveling resin? I did once and it never dried although I live in the dry climate of Colorado. Any advice? (I was pouring onto a small block with raised sides to contain the resin.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Gena,

The two biggest reasons why resin doesn’t cure is either from inaccurate measuring or inadequate mixing. You have to be precise in both, otherwise your resin will not cure.

There are also other factors, such as colorants/inclusions added, mixing amounts and crafting area temperatures than can affect curing. This troubleshooting article should also give you some ideas: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-troubleshooting-tips

Gena Hawkins

Thank You. I will read the article. I agree however. I may not have been precise enough with my measuring.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

It’s easy to think the measurements aren’t a big deal. I know I started there too. 😉

Leah

Hello. I am sorry if this is redundant I just can’t find the exact answer and I’m just getting so frustrated. I’ve had to throw away three batches of jewelry because of not curing. I am very new to this and my first to batches worked. But now they all just won’t set. I started with alumilit clear cast and recently used ice resin and having the same issues. I’m very carful to measure perfectly and mixing carefully. I’m just wondering if it’s the temperature. I live in Hawaii and it’s been super hot the last week. I do not have air conditioning. Can I just not do this when its hot? Should I keep me resin in the fridge and only use it when it cools down? Thank you for your advice. This is really something I want to pursue with my jewelry.
      Aloha
      Leah

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin not drying’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube