resin on photos air bubbles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mari

I print images on photo paper then glaze with mod podge front and back let dry for one day then add resin on photo let dry for 2 days.

But when i glue image with e6000 only one side gets lifted with like air. 
      Help! !!!
      Katherine Swift

Hi Mari,

Im not clear with whats going on.  Are you adding resin to one side of your photo paper, then once these papers cure, are you then trying to glue them into a bezel with E6000?

mari

Yes that is correct. I am gluing them once resin on photo paper is dry I glue them with e60000 to a jewelry box , but lately only one side of image gets like a little cracked or looks cloudy.  

Katherine Swift

Hmm.  Ive never done them like that.  Ive always sealed and glued the images inside the bezel, then poured the resin. 

Im suspect of two things:

1.  Could it be possible that the e-6000 isnt covering the entire back of the photo casting before you glue it down?

2.  Are you pulling away extra E-6000 once its cured?  I will pull or trim away extra E-6000 after it has cured.  Sometimes when I pull it away, it will pull some of the extra from underneath what Im trying to glue.  (I use it to glue bails on pendants). 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘resin on photos air bubbles’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube