• Author
      Katherine Swift

Margaret,

What kind of resin are you using?

Margaret

Easy Cast

Clear Casting Epoxy Resin

Katherine Swift

Hmm.  Did resin coat the entire piece and pull away later?  Since Easy Cast is a doming resin, I wouldnt have expected it to do that.

Margaret

I coated one side of the pendant.  I didnt see that it pulled away from the clay right away.  I have a candle heat lamp that I use to make sure the temperature stays at the right temp for the resin to cure. I placed the pieces under it and usually do it right before bed and then in the morning I check the pieces.  So Im not sure exactly when it happens.  It is strange because everyone I see on youtube that places resin on the polymer backed clay doesnt seem to put anything on before the resin.  The only other thing I can think of is I do roll the clay out on wax paper and maybe the wax from the paper is sticking to the clay and its acting like  oil and water and the resin and wax wont stick to one another.  Do you think this is possible?   Im going to use mod podge on the pendants I have to try to salvage them, and then use something else to roll my clay on from now on and see what happens.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions,

Margaret

Margaret
      I have made the resin pendants successfully but now Im trying to place resin on my polymer clay pendants and the resin is not sticking in all spots.  I am making sure my pendant is cool and clean.  Ive tried a second coat and still same thing. 
      I just tried another batch of clay pendants and it happened again.  Should I be putting Mod Podge or a glaze on the pendant before I put on the glaze?
      Any help I would greatly appreciate it. 
      Thank you,
      Margaret
      Katherine Swift

Margaret,

Resin does not stick to wax, so that could be your problem.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin on Polymer Clay’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube