Resin on Wine Tumblers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kristin

I have been looking at tutorials of putting resin on tumblers and water bottles. Most have you put tape on the top and bottom but with my wine tumblers they don’t really have and edge to do that. So I did one coat and it worked great. There were only a couple spots where the stickers in the cup made the resin not go in certain places. Because of this, I did a 2nd coat, but brushed the the opposite direction I did for the first coat. However, going from the top of the cup to the bottom of the cup has now created an ugly line at the top. You can see in the cured resin where I started with the brush strokes. What do I do to fix this? Can I sand it and do a third coat?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

If the strokes aren’t deep (1/16″ inch or less), another layer of resin should take care of it. Otherwise, you can sand and recoat.

Have you thought about using a foam brush? I like them because they don’t leave brush strokes. You can find them in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/2-inch-wide-foam-polybrush-qty-3

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin on Wine Tumblers’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube