Resin Over acrylic canvas

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Kelly

When I pour the resin over my canvas I get patches where the resin is not adhering to. I have tried sealing the canvas first, then when dry, I use alcohol to clean it, when that is dry I use the resin, but it is still patchy. I make sure the measurements are correct and stil for the recommended time. I am at my wits end, please help

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What kind/brand of resin are you using?

Colleen Kelly

Artresin resin

Natasha H

Hello,

I have the exact same problem and I’m also at my wits end!

I’m using East Coast Resin crystal clear epoxy resin.

Help!

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

I haven’t worked with this resin. It sounds like it may not have enough surface tension to want to stay even on the surface. I would suggest using a thicker mixing (doming) resin. If this is a doming resin, you may need to create a tape dam around your canvas. Pour the resin, then remove the tape after casting.

Are you using anything with an oil base on your canvas? The resin won’t want to stick to that either which can cause the fish eyes.

Natasha H

Thank you so much Katherine for responding!

Yes, these are acrylic pour pieces that have silicone in them. I dis wipe them down with rubbing alcohol before I added the resin. Perhaps I should varnish first?

I also haven’t tried the taping of the sides but will next try!

Colleen Kelly

I tried varnishing first, but it still happens.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This article explains why you get holes and dents in resin and what you can do to fix them: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/fix-holes-and-dents-in-resin/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin Over acrylic canvas’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube