Resin Shrinking? Top Coating Problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mutosh

Hi, I am using Naked Fusion Diamond Clarity Artist Resin. My resin is setting up nicely, hard, good clarity, minimal bubbles, easy release… BUT it seems to shrink? I am pouring small jewelry molds (silicone, no release spray) in flat, sphere, egg shapes. I fill each mold on a level surface and get eye level to make sure I fill just to get the smallest dome on top or leveled. I have an incubator to let them set up in, where I can set the temperature and humidity, so conditions are ideal. YET each piece comes out with a sharp edge where resin has dipped below level and hardened with a banked edge. What am I doing wrong? I can sand that tiny edge but then I have to re-coat and I can never ever ever ever get that top coat applied without a drip edge or blotchy coverage. I’d love to spray a resin sealer like you have mentioned in your “sanding resin” forum, but it is out of stock. Is there another type you recommend? Your explanations and help are amazing and have fixed so many other issues that I was facing already:)

Esmeralda Esqueda

Hi im wondering if you can help me out latley my resin when it cures has like a shrinking top and im not sure what im
      Doing worng! I will really appreciate it if you can help me out !
      Thank you
      Esmeralda E

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Esmeralda,

It could be normal for the resin you are using. Which one are you using?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Resin Shrinking? Top Coating Problem’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube