Resin stuck to paper

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Jennifer:

Hi there, Im hoping you can advise me as ive run into a little trouble with some small resin casts. I left my casts resting on a pice of paper and they were fine for a long time. We had very hot weather today, and it seem the casts have gotten completely stuck to the paper. How can I remove the paper without damaging the resin casts?

Katherine Swift

So this is one of the unfortunate things about resin.  Sometimes when it gets heated in the sun, it will soften.  If the resin has cured hard again, I would take a piece and test either alcohol or acetone on an inconspicuous spot.  If that doesnt work, you might try soaking the piece with some water and detergent.

Im also going to reach out to tech support of some of the companies we work with and see what their suggestions may be.

Katherine Swift

Tech support at ETI suggested putting the piece in the freezer for several minutes to see if that made it any easier to peel the paper off.

DEANN SLATE

I had the bright idea to make paper wright in a heavy cup cake holder! Now need to remove from paper? Needed suggestions how to remove it? Will try some of these suggestions. Any others would be great,. Would heating up water then putting resin cast in it affect the cast?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Deanne,

Hot water shouldn’t affect the resin cast, but I’m afraid that paper is stuck on there. You may have to resort to sanding it off.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin stuck to paper’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube