Sealing inclusions for resin

Home Page Forums Resin Techniques Sealing inclusions for resin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Jenn:

Im just getting started and I read that things such as candies, sprinkles and so forth should be covered with a decoupage material…. how would I go about sealing the tiny round rainbow sprinkles and not have them clump together and stay "glued" so that I can put them in the resin?

Katherine Swift

Hi Jenn,

Yes, sealing is always a good idea before putting things in resin.  A white, clear drying glue is a good choice for many items, but doesn’t work well for sprinkles.  For those, I would recommend using our resin gloss sealer spray:  https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray  Place a layer of sprinkles onto a sheet of wax paper and apply a light mist.  Once it’s dry, shake them around and do it again.  If I were doing this, I would do it 5 to 6 times or so to make sure they were well coated.  Wait 10 to 15 minutes in between layers to make sure the spray doesn’t clump them all together.

Good luck!

Jenn

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for the information and the link to your sealing spray, Ill make sure to buy some when I place my order soon!  
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sealing inclusions for resin’ is closed to new replies.