Sealing papers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Elizabeth:

I’ve been working with resin for a few years and have always had to coat my paper ( I print images on regular printer) up to 4 times to make sure the resin doesn’t “bleed” through.

I just learned about Diamond glaze and Microglaze. Do you know if using one of these product would allow me to coat just once to seal my paper? I would still want to use regular 2 part resin to get the flawless shiny, domed look I get. Alternatively, I just watched one of your videos and you mentioned special paper that might be use. Do you sell blank paper that may be better than the photo paper that I currenctly use and have to coat multiple times?
      Thanks for any help!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Elizabeth,

If you are not getting good results with glue, in my opinion, I don’t think Diamond Glaze will be any better. I still have to seal my images before using Diamond Glaze.

The ‘waterproof’ paper I like to use is Tyger paper. Instead of buying a big box of it, many copy stores will have it. You can see if they will sell you several pieces to test before committing to a big purchase.

I will also mention that I don’t have any experience using Tyger paper with an inkjet printer. I have used it with a color laserjet and been quite happy.

Elizabeth Sugarman

Thanks for the tip on Tyger paper. I’d never heard of it. Is it similar to photo paper? And, have you tried the “Microglaze as a sealer? From what I read, it’s more of a wax than a glue.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I haven’t worked with photo paper enough to make a comparison.

Unfortunately, I haven’t worked with microglaze either. I don’t know if it would work for your purpose.

Clinton Gallagher @tapABILITIES

I print on high gloss photo paper and then cut out shapes on a Silhuette Cameo. Before I send my printed sheet through the cutter I spray it with clear Acrylic (gloss or matte) which is impervious to resin. Try it. Its is inexpensive and works perfectly

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sealing papers’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube