Sentimental Pendant

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ollie Cross

Hey there, I’m hoping to create a pendant for my mum’s birthday with two things in it that might not be special on their own but will remind her of her parents (tea leaves and coal dust/fragments). I think open bezels will be better than backed ones to see the encased items but the bezels I like have quite a shallow depth (no more than 3.5mm) unlike the ones in most tutorials. Would one resin pour be ok for this?
      Also the back will have a textured surface at first because of the tape the bezel will be on, so to make it completely transparent should I do another pour or does it have to be sanded so that the texture can’t be seen at all?
      Thank you!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ollie,

Yes, you can use a bezel of a thin depth to do open pours as well. Depending on the tape, it will likely have texture on the back. You can either sand off the texture or cover with a layer of doming resin.

Ollie Cross

Dear Katherine,
      Just wanted to say thank you for your advice! The pendant went really well and my mum was thrilled! I used smooth packing tape and then ended up doming each side of the pendant anyway so that I had a glossy, clear finish.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

That’s wonderful news Ollie! I’m glad to hear it went well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sentimental Pendant’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube