Shared garage workspace

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jen

Hello! So I’m pretty new to epoxy and resin and at first didnt know I shouldnt do it in my bedroom where I sleep in. I ordered a respirator and even moved my workspace to the garage.
      I created a space closest to the garage door as possible where I could leave it open and still have fans and ventilation going to the smell does not linger as much.
      The problem with this is that, I shared a workspace with my mom and she does nails and takes clientele in the garage. She works morning to late afternoon, and I normally plan to only work in the evenings, so we both wont be working in there at the same time.
      My pieces I make are 2 piece molds that need to be put together after a couple hours of curing after I pour into the molds.
      I was wondering how safe would it be if I left my pieces to cure for 72 hours, well ventilated, but still have her be able to work in the garage as well while they cure. Will the smell of epoxy resin still linger to where it could be toxic to her. My pieces are really thing and are 10 inches long max. And I close the molds together 95% of the curing time.
      This is a long story but would removing the molds outside while they cure a good idea? Would leaving it in the garage to cure for 72 hours be okay? The garage is always running with fans. And the garage door is opened a lot.
      I dont know what to do 🙁 I’m losing ways to make resin while still making sure my family is away from it the best way I can.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jen,

With your mom working with chemicals as well, it sounds like this would be best suited for an HVAC person to set up an exhaust system for both of you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Shared garage workspace’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube