Sight issues and resin pouring

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gary Gilman

Dear Friends,
      I recently had a stroke (8 weeks ago Saturday). I have lost the peripheral vision in my left eye and the medial vision in my right eye. God has chosen to not totally blind me, cripple me or any of the other things that can happen due to a stroke. Due to this partial vision loss, I am having trouble seeing to pour clear resin in my molds. I have solved the problem with seeing bubbles by using an LED flashlight. But pouring to the top (or near top) of my molds is down right hard to do. I know I can color it but for my latest project, I need all my resin clear. I welcome any and all suggestions that I can get. I know there are a lot of smart people that hang out in this forum, that’s why I came here. Thank you all in advance

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Gary,

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. How admirable of you to push through it. You are tough!!

If I were to try this, I would take something like a toothpick or tongue depressor and put it across the mold opening. I would expect it would be easier to see when the resin gets close to hitting it rather than nothing at all.

Gary Gilman

Thanks Katherine, Great idea!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Sight issues and resin pouring’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube