Obvious lines between pours?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer

Hello,
      Hoping you can help- i’m a resin newbie, i’ve started doing small pieces and testers to get used to the method and the resin etc.

I’ve recently (to test) done a pour in a rectangle block- I waited between each layer ( I think it was 5 layers in total) aprox 4 hours (as all the videos I found suggested to wait between 3-6 hours) but the end result shows the obvious divisions between my pours, so it looks like a rectangle of stripes?

Any suggestions on where I could have gone wrong with this?

The resin was coloured also? ( I added the colour) and made sure was same amount each time for each pour.

Really had so much fun making this, and it had so much potential, but the end result is almost sad 😞.

Any help would be much appreciated?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jennifer,

Instead of waiting 3 to 4 hours to pour the next layer, you should only wait until the resin starts to gel (get thick, but still semi-solid). That amount of time varies from resin to resin, but it sounds like it’s sooner than 3 to 4 hours for the resin you are using.

You should know though, that it’s going to be quite difficult to have your resin look the same from layer to layer.

How deep is your rectangle block? Our deep pour resin allows you to pour up to two inches at once. You might be able to use it and make fewer pours. You can buy it here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-deep-pour-resin

Jennifer

Thank You for the advice- I think i’ll do a mini one to test and take your advice, so you think I should try pouring the next layer when the previous is still tacky or gummy…I actually think that was at about the 60-90 minute mark x

The mould was a home made one from perspex glued, i would geuss maybe 10-15cm tall/deep?

I’ve wanted to play around with resin for so long now, and decided to get everhthing I need so I can preserve some of my Moms flowers from her funeral service, but until I feel confident in the technique i’m not risking making that piece just yet.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Obvious lines between pours?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube