SOB! there was water in my resin!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jessica

SO i rinsed out the container I was mixing the resin in (being oh so careful due to the evils of cat hair) and missed some water when I dried it off. now my resin hasnt cured entirely and and a few marks…from me checking to see if it cured…three days later. Mostly yes with a few sticky spots.

Is there anyways to fix this? can i put more resin on top and seal it all in. Itll have a few marrs but will be wearable..
      Tell me there is something I can do.
      THX!
      Katherine Swift

Jess,

Is the resin squishy all the way through or just on top?  If its just on top, you can try either sanding off the sticky part or recoating with a layer of resin.  If its squishy all the way through, Im sorry to say you will have to start over.

(I also loved hearing you have issues with cat hair too!!)

Jessica

Im worried about sanding because they are all pictures in findings. wont that make it hazy? 

could i put another layer of resin on top and hope for the best? theyve been sitting on the tray unmoved until i figure this out. Now im pretty sure its only sticky on the top so how hazy does it get with sanding.
      Ive been pretty lucky so far with resin and havent needed to sand…yet LOL
      Katherine Swift

If its just a bit sticky on top (sticky like youre putting your finger on scotch tape and it sticks to it) versus you put your finger it and can really squish it (like a PB & J sandwich), then you should be able to get away with pouring a thin layer of resin on top.

If you want to try sanding, start with a coarse grit (400 or so) and work all the way down to 2000 grit sandpaper.  It will almost be a gloss, but you will still have to cover with a resin layer to get the super shine on top. 

Jessica

Just wanted to say that this worked perfectly! they are salvaged! thanks for the help 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘SOB! there was water in my resin!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube