Some of my resin crafts lost color at a craft sale this weekend!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Julie helvey

Hi!
      Obviously, I am new to the resin crafting, but LOVE IT-
      My daughter and I did our first craft sale this weekend, with no tent or cover- imagine our surprise when some of our products went from pink or purple, to
      almost clear!
      Can anyone tell me, should we use a different type of color, we used mainly alcohol and opaque inks and mica powders, or a different resin- currently have actually been using boat resin, as it was cheaper- could be the problem..lol-
      And was it the sun, or just heat in general- it was only 70 degrees, but full sun- we do have a pop-up tent we can use if that will fix the problem-
      Help!

Thanks in advance, we are planning a lot of farmers market type events, and I do not want to lose my products in the sun, or have customers be unhappy because of it-

Julie Helvey

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Julie,

Boat resin does not contain UV protectants to guard against situations like this. Alcohol inks are also very sensitive to sun exposure. I’m not surprised your pinks and purples disappeared.

Right away, using a tent cover will help while you’re selling your wares, but it won’t protect the customer who wears one of your pieces in the sun for a long period of time.

What are you making? I’m happy to make a better resin and color recommendation for you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Some of my resin crafts lost color at a craft sale this weekend!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube