Square coaster mold

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Joanne

Hi,
      I just poured resin into the two square coaster molds I recently purchased from you. Both pieces ended up with spots on the top that were like shallow holes with no resin. I put sealed stickers in both and thought I got rid of any bubbles. Why would this happen? It’s odd that it happened to both of them! Thank you

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

It sounds like there were bubbles that formed that popped while the resin was curing. The resin wasn’t fluid enough to fill in the voids.

What kind/brand of resin did you use? How much did you mix?

Joanne

I was using Clearcast 7050. I was making two square molds and mixed 2 oz. I rubbed the stick across the sticker to make sure I didn’t have bubbles underneath.

Would I be better off first laying down a thin layer of resin and then later adding the sticker and more resin? But how would I be able to make sure there weren’t bubbles under the sticker? If I pressed down, I could mess up the first layer which isn’t fully cured? I really am not sure how to proceed. Thank you.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Try dipping the sticker in your resin cup before placing it in your mold. This relieves the surface tension and makes it less likely you will trap bubbles.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Square coaster mold’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube