Stickers melting in resin

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Christine Shanesy.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Christine:

Don’t know where else to turn – need help! So, I make Orgonites and have been for awhile now. I have always used polyester resin because it’s the clearest. I want to use stickers – I spent days applying 3 coats of Mod Podge to both sides …. used them in 3 different Orgonites and in all 3 cases, the Mod Podge and sticker melted like butter – destroying my pieces. This stuff is expensive as it is – can you give me any idea as to what Im doing wrong and how to use stickers in resin properly?

I have 2 other questions if you want to add them as well. Like the 1st question, I’ve spent hours trying to get my own answer with no luck.

1) I want to do a merkaba star orgonite but no one sells a mold for it. How are others doing it?

2) Folks insert mandala discs into their pyramid. … appear to be metal but no certain. Where can I get these or are folks making them somehow?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Christine,

I’m sorry to hear things aren’t going as well as hoped for you.

Polyester resin can be a fussy beast. It sounds like the resin is heating up to the point of melting your glue and stickers. I don’t have experience using stickers in polyester resin, but have used them a lot with epoxy. You could either try an epoxy resin or use less catalyst in your polyester resin.

On the good news front, we anticipate having a merkaba star mold by the end of the month. 🙂 I don’t know how others are doing mandala disks, but perhaps using 3D printing or laser etching methods?

Christine Shanesy

Thank you Katherine! Yes, your denoting epoxy is consistent with feedback from others. Had hoped for a method with polyester but will try expoxy. It IS exciting to hear your coming out with a merkaba mold! Hopefully it won’t be too expensive so I can buy a few ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Stickers melting in resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube