- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 7 months ago by Debbie Crooks.
- November 16, 2018 at 1:42 am #16535Abby StevensGuest
Hello there, I am a very new person to UV resin. This past Sunday I worked all day making my first piece, and it looks wonderful! My only problem is: it’s really sticky. It’s been sitting on wax paper for 4 days and everytime I touch it and pick it up it’s sticky. I did however use powdered latex gloves for the project, but only for a short time I don’t know if any powder actually got into the resin, which I now know can have an effect. I also didn’t use a UV light to cure it, rather I used sunlight, which it was cloudy that day but nonetheless should’ve cured in 20-40 mins. I’d really appreciate someone’s help!
- November 16, 2018 at 11:13 am #16542Katherine SwiftKeymaster
It sounds like it didn’t get enough light. It’s been my experience that cloudy days don’t provide enough UV light for UV resin to cure.
- June 22, 2019 at 2:17 am #54661Debbie CrooksGuest
I used a small uv light and still sticky. Any thoughts?
- The topic ‘Sticky UV resin’ is closed to new replies.