Superfine bubbles appearing while curing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aimee

Please can someone suggest something that will help? I am trying to cast pendants and eurobeads. I am measuring my resin (Castin’ Craft Easycast Clear Casting Epoxy), warming it, mixing carefully, ensuring there are no bubbles in my casts and when I return in the morning they are filled with microbubbles.they are tiny, tiny bubbles but all through it. I have tried using a dehumidifier, a heat lamp. I’m out of ideas! I had a similar issue with my Resin Obsession branded resin, which resolved when I realised I needed to warm it before mixing. But now this brand cant be shipped to me in New Zealand. I was due to launch my first saleable pieces this month but I just can’t work out what is causing it. I can’t attach a picture here unfortunately to give a better idea but I can’t present pieces the way they are coming out. Any ideas please?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Sometimes a temperature difference between the resin and mold can cause this. Try gently warming the mold with a heat gun before casting and see if that helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Superfine bubbles appearing while curing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube