Time between resin layers

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alison

I am using the Super Clear resin  and Ive learned that I need to wait more time between pouring layers or else the back layer will drop into the front layer. How long do I need to wait between pours to ensure that doesnt happen with this resin? Thanks!

Katherine Swift

Hi Alison,

It could possibly be as short as 45 minutes (if your resin is really warm), otherwise, I would suggest waiting 2 hours.

Jen

I am using envirotex epoxy. How long do I have to wait to add a second coat??

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Jen,

You can apply a second coat of resin once the first layer of resin has started to thicken.

Donna

Hi – I am using Incredible Solutions Pourable Plastic (recommended pouring no more than 2″ per application). I would like to pour 1/4″, then add a second layer of 2″. How long do you recommend waiting between layers? Thanks.

Jen

I’m using art n glow epoxy resin. I need to fix an area that is too thin on my painting. I see the 24 hour wait but is it ok to wait longer? I am out of resin for a few more days. I know I need to sand first.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Time between resin layers’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube