Tiny Microbubbles in Resin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Clare Corre

Hi All, I am filling photo pendants with resin and have experimented with different photo paper, different glues, different sealers, and different resin and have done okay except that I notice that some of my pendants have tiny microbubbles that weren’t there in the resin when I mixed it. I mix my resin so slowly and pour the resin into the cup like you pour beer (cup angled), and it is warm where I live, and so I don’t get hardly any bubbles when I mix, and so I couldn’t figure out where these tiny micro bubbles were coming from, but I just happened to peel off a glued photo from a pendant just before using resin, and I noticed that the glue was still wet! I used Nunn design glue, and it had been two days since gluing! Anyone else have this problem with Nunn Design glue? Can anyone recommend a fast drying glue for photos under resin? I am fairly sure that the moisture in the glue was causing the problem and the destruction of countless pendants. Now I don’t know how long I should wait before using resin on the pendants that have that glue, but I’m guessing it will be a week or more now.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Clare,

This is the glue I like to use: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/ice-resin-paper-sealer

It dries very quickly.

Clare Corre

Thank you, Katherine! I will try that as a glue instead of the Nunn design next time. I had tried that one as a sealer, but it was very thick and left brush marks, and I wanted my photos to be super clear, but I will try it as a glue next time. Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Tiny Microbubbles in Resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube