Tiny particles in finished casting

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gayle

I am pouring resin in a glass container When finished I have tiny little particulars as fine as sand insid the piece Want to eliminate that Help!!! Thanks

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Are they bubbles or something else? Could it be lint or dust?

Solomon

I had the same issue (I think) I had a bunch of tiny bubbles (maybe less than 1/8 of a millimeter each in diameter of the bubble) in my cured resin that appear to be randomly scattered at different levels throughout the resin layer. I would usually sand it down and repair but these microscopic bubbles look to be as deep as the very bottom of the bottom of the pour. (I do layered paintings with epoxy resin) Ive used a butane torch after pouring and it looks to be completely clear and I also covered the piece as well for curing. Maybe it is particles left from sanding the prior layer?

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Yes, it could be particles from sanding, especially if you didn’t clear your piece before pouring the next layer. A baby wipe works well.

Gayle

These tiny particles are seen in the mixing and pouring of the cast into the mold Warmed both parts of the resin mixture to try and get rid of them

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Tiny particles in finished casting’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube