Trouble with resin spray

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sabrina

Hi

Yes my polymer clay was completely dry and cool (days apart from baking until spraying)
      Little to no humidity and I am a HUGE fan of always spraying in light short bursts.  As it is easier to add more than it is to ever take away 🙂
      I have now added several light layers and this morning they do not seem to have that ever slight sticky feel.  
      All my layers were done 12-24 hours apart too.  I know the can says dries fast, but I just prefer the piece of mind knowing it is really dry…..
      Blessings,
      Sabrina
      Katherine Swift

Hi Sabrina,

Sounds like you have done anything right.  Ive never had a problem with the spray being tacky on cured resin, but I dont have any experience with polymer clay.  I will submit a tech service request to the manufacturer and see if they have anything to add.

Katherine Swift

Hi Sabrina,

Here are the suggestions from the manufacturer:

Our resin spray is a fast drying lacquer (approximately 2 minutes) and should be applied in several light applications.  Heavy applications can result in a surface that may take days to dry properly.  The spray can be applied over polymer clay without issue.  It is sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact reason for situations like this but here are a few examples of what can cause this problem. 
      *did not shake the can well before using
      *applied heavy coats before the prior coats had time to dry
      *applied when humidity levels were above 50%
      *applied to a surface which contained water or moisture applied in a cold, damp environment
      *applied to a surface which contained solvents

Any one of these or combinations of would result in the Resin spray remaining tacky.  To correct the problem, I would move the piece into a warm environment so that it can set and dry properly.  This may take some time depending on what caused the issue.

Katherine Swift

This question comes through email by Sabrina:

HI!

I need your help / advise / expertise please!!!! 

Why is my spray resin feeling ever so slightly tacky to the touch?  Is there a way to fix this?  I have been working on a project and its all done, I sprayed my pieces and now I feel the ever so slight tacky stick 🙁 

Can you please enlighten me because I am stumped.  Oh it may be helpful to know what I sprayed……. I made polymer clay round beads and a flat pendant.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me – and thank you to for your weekly email help links – LOVE them!

Katherine Swift

Hi Sabrina,

A couple of questions for you:

1.  Are you in a humid environment?
      2.  Were your clay pieces completely dry?
      3.  Are you putting the spray on in short bursts or heavy coats?

Sabrina

Hi 

Thank you very much!!
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Trouble with resin spray’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube