Trying to get Lace Effect in Resin Pour

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums Resin Painting Trying to get Lace Effect in Resin Pour

This topic contains 94 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Diana khan

If you go on Instagram look for: brilliantaqua

She does wonderful pouring art and her art contains this lace effect you’re looking for. if you read the comments for today’s art video it said she had purchased silicone from Amazon. She is a very nice artist who shares and answers your questions. I find her work inspirational and has the “awe” effect, I love her.

Thank you

Diana

#7623 Reply

Mark Boyle

You were asking about the lacing effect in resin art i dont know if youve worked out how but its created with white resin overlayed on another color benath and the white is hit with a blowtorch. It is also encouraged to do this by placing a lacing powder into the white too.
    Ask at your art supplies for it

#7645 Reply

Victor He

Mark Boyle, I am a beginner too. There are lots of types of color or inks out there, like Acrylic, Pigment, Alcohol. Any of these types can have better result on the lacing effect? or we need to lay one type of ink and another? I am very confused what type of color I should buy.

#7718 Reply

adrienne

I do a lot of acrylic pouring and am recently getting into resin pouring as well. Try adding a few drops of silicone oil to every cup of colored resin EXCEPT white before you pour. Mix very well. Be sure white is poured onto your canvas last, as white is the heaviest pigment. You can buy silicone oil anywhere- it’s just WD-40.

#7890 Reply

Kim

It’s one hundred percent silicone oil you make sure kryllyk paint with a little bit of Dawn dish soap and water spray or trip the silicone oil in it Stir It for it and use a torch to bring out the waist effect took me forever to figure it out

#8347 Reply

Jean

Where you able to test out using the silicone oil with the Resin? What type of affect did it give you?

#8437 Reply

Muriel Austin

Hi there i mix denatured alcohol with the paint and resin then pour colors seperately move colors around then use a torch and watch the magic happen

#8465 Reply

Jacinta walker

Try silicone spray, it works a treat.

#8470 Reply

Deborah Voso

Could you email the information you found on lacing

#8471 Reply

Deborah Voso

Art Resin

Humidity makes a difference

#8546 Reply

Lynda Lougheed

Hi
    Use silicone oil or try resi-blast for cells. There’s a you tube video on resiblast. Also Danny Clark has videos on creating cells, has to do with the density of paint.
    Lynda

#8586 Reply

Zachary Johnston

If you can’t get the lace effect to work with the resin you’re coloring, you may try to just do an acrylic dirty pour with some pouring medium and silicone oil (pour your other colors into the white, so that it’s last on your surface), torch it and then cover the finished and dried piece with a clear coat of epoxy resin. This also gives the final piece a nifty layered effect. I’m still trying to figure out the chemistry with resin, but I’ve had great results using acrylics and pouring medium. Good luck!

#8598 Reply

Louise Steyn

I have just done an experiment which worked well enough for me. I dropped a few drops of mould release into my white colour and got a lot of life! Dont know how to post a picture here yet.

#8750 Reply

Chris Wilson

Hello Karen use a product called art oil. Just a drop goes a long way.

#8751 Reply

Chris Wilson

Hello Karen use resin oil for the lace affect. Only a drop is necessary goes a long way. Enjoy.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 95 total)
Reply To: Trying to get Lace Effect in Resin Pour
Your information: