Tuna fish can puck

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jack.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jack

Howdy all,

I’m new to using resin. I’m looking to make pucks using tuna fish cans as molds. These will be used outside as part of a larger project. I’m wondering whether the release agents will work with metal and, if so, which one? I’d also appreciate recommendations, since I’m in the experimental phase, of the type of resin to use and any other tools I might need.

Thanks so much,
      Jack

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Jack,

I’m afraid using metal molds to cast resin is a challenge. You need to be able to flex the cans to get out the resin.

If you want to try, you definitely need a mold release. This is the one you want to use: https://shop.resinobsession.com/products/ultralease-mold-release-specially-formulated-for-epoxy-resin

Jack

Thanks for the feedback, Katherine. I think if I take the lip off the top and bottom of the can I may/should be able to work the puck out of the ring of the can. If that doesn’t work then I would have to look at creating a mold of a can, something else I’m not familiar with. But one thing at a time, yes?
      Thanks again,
      Jack

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Tuna fish can puck’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube