UV – Bubbles appearing after curing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sara Lazaro

I am a beginner, and have tried several times to submerge polymer clay figures into resin sphere molds (clear silicone mold). Before I put the sphere under the light, I see absolutely no air bubbles, even using a light I cannot see bubbles. I do use a flame to bring bubbles out sometimes. However, when I take my project out of the mold after curing, there are tons of bubbles, and with my last attempt I literally watched as bubbles appeared seemingly
      Out of nowhere under the light and even after I take it out, they still are forming. I have wasted so much time and resin and it keeps happening consistently. I am using a 36 watt UV bulb light. Flat keychains cure fine, it is the spheres that are giving me trouble. Could it be the polymer clay emitting gas somehow? I am so frustrated and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Yes, the bubbles are likely coming from your clay. Try sealing it before using it in the resin.

Sara Lazaro

Thank you Katherin! I actually did paint the clay with clear acrylic, but maybe I should try painting the object with UV resin and holding it under the light for a quick seal before I submerge it into the resin. What do you think?

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

Unfortunately, I don’t know if that would work or not.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘UV – Bubbles appearing after curing’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube