Want to make resin tables and stools

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Gabriela:

Hello, I am interested in making wood and resin tables, even stools. I would like to know if you guys have the right resin (epoxy) for this and which one would be appropriate for my project. Since it is a big project, I would need to buy in gallons or more. Let me know if you guys have it! I am attaching a link below so you have an idea I what I am trying to make! Thanks, Gabriela Lardizabal https://www.pinterest.com/pin/420242208961082581/

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Gabriela,

I’m going to break this down with how I would approach it:

A clear polyurethane, not epoxy, would be my resin of choice in this case. A polyurethane will adhere well to the wood without much shrinkage. You can also cut and polish cured polyurethane resin, which epoxy doesn’t always do well with.

In order to get it as bubble free as the pin shows, I would pressure cast it. That’s going to require a set up that might be rather costly ($1000 or more).

We don’t sell clear polyurethane resins. In this case, I would recommend you contact the team at Alumilite (www.alumilite.com) They should be able to help you with large quantities of resin and give additional project advice.

Good luck!

Gabriela Lardizabal

Thank You so much!! I will consult with the team at Allumilte as well!
      Gaby! 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Want to make resin tables and stools’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube