Wanting to do 2 different things on bar top, tips welcome?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      kelli perriello

Hi–I have worked with epoxy resin a bit, made table and bar top with postcards, shells, etc…
      What I want to do here is make a bar top and I have some stencils that I had planned to fill in with some really beautiful hand blown glass that got broken then put epoxy on it.
      But now I saw a river table and have ordered the pigment to add to resin for glow in the dark.
      This bar top will be in the sun so first I need to know it I should be using a special resin, like marine grade since it will be outside?
      I have seen these with pecky cyprus but mine is pine that has been painted. I figure I can take my router and make the river and also make a word and then I can fill it in with the glow in dark epoxy resin that I make up.

My biggest problem is that I have seen several videos of people doing the glow in dark rivers but on all they sand down the resin due to overflow and then I think they are putting polyurethane on the rest of the area. I want clear resin on the part that is not glow in the dark. Like to cover my glass on the stencil, I want it clear.
      If I have the glow in dark part and sanded can I then just use clear and maybe take my gloved hand to try to keep it from running into, build a dam? I could easily build a dam around the river but not sure about word?
      Also, what if I did not do anything with router and just dribbled it, clear where I want the stencil glass to show thru and glow in dark just in streaks. All on top of board? Other than taping off sides I can’t see why I cant make the whole top resin?
      Any ideas, tips, welcome. Thanks

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Wanting to do 2 different things on bar top, tips welcome?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube