What are the differences in these resin colors?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Bev:

What are the different uses for the following products https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/colorants/Liquid
      I’m not sure what product to purchase
      1.translucent colour pigment
      2. Opaque colour pigment
      3. Bright colour pigment
      4. Ice resin colour tints
      5. Alumilite liquid pigment
      Many thanks
      Bev

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Bev,

To start with, the colors are from three different manufacturers. The first three are Resin Obsession colors, the ICE resin tints are from ICE resin, and the Alumilite liquids are made by Alumilite. In general, it’s a good idea to use the colors from the same manufacturer as the resin you are using. This will ensure the colors reproduce as expected and (hopefully!) avoid any curing issues. That being said, however, I have used one brand’s colors with another brand’s resin with mostly good success. Sometimes the Alumilite green can cast more blue in some resins.

The Resin Obsession colors will cast transparent (see-through), opaque (solid) and translucent (partially see-through) depending on which colors you select. The ICE resin tints will cast transparent. The Alumilite colors will cast transparent in clear resin, with the exception of the white and black. They will all cast opaque in colored resin.

The other main difference is that each set of colors has its own ‘colors’. i.e. the blue in the Alumilite set is not the same color blue in the Resin Obsession set. Personal preference in the color you want to achieve also plays in part in what color you want to choose.

Hope this helps!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘What are the differences in these resin colors?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube