where should I get the mold from?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jessica Davis.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cameron Waiters

I have this sketching notebook and I have some dried flowers, plants, mushrooms and other outdoor artifacts that I want to place on the cover and back of my sketching notebook, what should I use for the mold or in other words how can I contain the resin around my sketchbook when I am pouring the resin on top of it? I have done some research and it is very difficult to find cheap acrylic panels to put around it. Do you know any places I can purchase them or maybe even some diy ways to do it? I have a foam poster board, but I’m not sure if that will do the trick. Also once it cures what is the best way to remove it or should I use some time of spray to easily remove the resin from he mold.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Cameron,

We have a journal cover mold in our store in three different sizes:
      https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/molds/products/book-journal-cover-clear-silicone-mold

Jessica Davis

I was just thinking about something like this and I was kind of wondering if creating a border with that removable glue stuff they use in packaging a lot would work as a border around a notebook. Has anyone tried this?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘where should I get the mold from?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube