Will this fix my resin curing problem?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Julia

About 16 hours ago i did a resin artwork, it was a flat poor that was on a round board 85cm wide.

There are various colours within it and they have all cured, except this pesky blue stream that is still weirdly sticky. Though i think it was due to measuring ratios as i was eyeballing the mixture at one point.. oops.

Could i fix this by putting a clear coat of perfectly mixed resin over the top? Would it interfere with the slightly sticky resin?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

How long is the curing time of the resin you are using? I would suggest giving it a little more time to see if things get any better.

You can recoat with another layer of resin, but if things are still gooey, it’s not going to help much. 🙁

Julia

It was meant to be a initial cure in 12 hours and a full cure in 3 days,

Everything is rock solid but this weird stream

Im really anxious on what to do because im meant to be giving this piece to the buyer next week 🙁

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hmm. There a few troubleshooting items in this article that may help you: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-frequently-asked-questions/resin-troubleshooting-tips

The other consideration is whatever you used to color that mix of resin is attracting moisture which is keeping your resin from curing.

If the area is simply sticky, you can recoat with a layer of clear resin. If it is gooey, you will need to scrape off as much as possible before recoating.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Will this fix my resin curing problem?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube