Ten of my favorite business tools for productivity
I’m going to let you in on a little secret…. the business of Resin Obsession takes more than knowing about the resin. AACK! Sometimes, the resin is the easy part. It can be hard to get everything done (especially when you have a studio kitty that demands her nap time). I’m going to share with you a few of my favorite tools to help me get my day going smoothly.
1. Picmonkey. This online photo editing tool allows me to pretty-up pictures, put them in collages, and add fonts. The best part? No photoediting experience required! Free for basic level service or $33 per year for premium service.
2. Canva. Another online photo editing tool that helps you optimize your final image for your intended platform. It’s great at helping you ‘line up’ your elements and giving you more of a graphic designer edge. Mostly free, but some elements cost money (usually $1 per element).
I use both of these A LOT in my week.
3. Hootsuite. There is no way I could keep track of every social media network by going to each app’s native platform. Hootsuite helps me on my desktop, but is even better at helping me on the go with my iPhone. I can monitor and respond to followers across multiple networks much more efficiently. Starts with a free plan for basic features. Paid plans start at $9.99 per month.
4. Tailwind. While Hootsuite doesn’t cover Pinterest, tailwind does. It also allows me to follow my pins, followers and comments in a easy to follow fashion. Plans start at $9.99 per month.
If you are going to spend time on social media, don’t let it take over your life! These apps help me to stay focused while also enjoying my time on the sites.
5. Evernote. Random thoughts come in and out of my head so fast. Where is that scrap paper and pencil?! Oh wait, I can put it in my Evernote. And it syncs across all my devices (computer, phone and tablet). I’m good at losing paper, but haven’t lost any of the three of those… yet. Basic plans are free.
6. Go to my PC. It never fails that when I’m out of the office, someone calls that they need help with something on the computer. From my phone, I can log in, find the file, type in the password, etc. without having to coach someone through it. This is also great when I’m traveling. I can check in daily, do a little work and it’s like I was there! Plans start at $11.95 per month.
7. Dropbox. I love the functiononality of this tool! Whether I’m sharing files with others inside or outside of my office, this cloud software makes it easy to get files back and forth. No more trying to email a big file that bogs down my email server only to get a message two hours later it didn’t send. Free plans for up to 2 GB of space.
8. Endicia shipping. There is no way we could ever take our packages to the post office every day. Stand in line. Wait. Wait some more. Oh wait, I forgot a check to pay for these. Instead, we print the postage in our office and our mail carrier picks up our packages. Free plans start with stamp printing, requires a monthly subscription to do package labels.
9. Lastpass. I can’t remember what I had for breakfast some days and now I need to enter a password I came up with 6 months ago? Sheesh! Lastpass stores them all for you and even reminds you when it’s time to change them. It can also generate hard to guess passwords for you to use. I also have it on my phone as well. Free plans for a single device. Upgrade to multiple devices for $12 per year.
I won’t lie that I have a love/hate relationship with technology, but those five apps definitely keep me at my most productive.
10. iPhone reminders. So while it’s great that I have that appointment in the calendar, if I don’t remember to show up, that’s not going to accomplish anything. A big bull horn or nuclear blast sounds reminds me that at some point, I needed to remind myself of something.
Do you use any of these apps or platforms?
Unpublished Blog Posts of Resin Obsession, LLC © 2016 Resin Obsession, LLC