• Resin Obsession Super Clear Resin
• Resin Obsession Transparent Pigment
• Crystal Mold
• Square Bead Mold
• Wax Paper
• Brass Filigree
• Metal sheers
• Round Plier or dowel
• Hammer and Metal Block
• Apoxie Sculpt (or substitute Envirotex jewelry clay)
• flatback crystal
• bail and jump ring
• Bronze Metallic Powder
• Jax Patina for Brass
• Deco Art Media Fluid Burnt Umber
• paper towels/baby wipes
• Gold Metallic wax (Metallic Lustre,Treasured Brass)
• Be sure to clean your stamp after you use it on the Apoxie Sculpt otherwise it will harden on the stamp.
• The brass filigree will be sharp after you cut it so be careful.
• Be sure to read the directions and safety guidelines on the packages of Resin, Apoxie Sculpt and Jax Patina.
Step by Step Directions:
1. Mix up a batch of Resin Obsession super clear resin.
2. Add a tiny bit of transparent pigment to the resin and mix together.
7. Mix two equal parts of Apoxie Sculpt and roll into a tube about 1/2″. Place the tube on the end of the crystal and cover the tip of the crystal and the filigree edge. Roll and shape the AS into a desired shape cap. Note: If you don’t have Apoxie Sculpt, Envirotex jewelry clay will work well.
8. Add design/texture to the AS by using a stamp, and adding a flatback crystal. Add a bail to the tip of the AS cap.
9. Add Bronze Metallic Powder to the Apoxie Sculpt using a dry brush. Let cure.
10. Add Jax Patina to the Filigree. Clean with a paper towel and baby wipe.
Watch Cat in action as she shows how to make resin crystals.
Unpublished Blog Posts of Resin Obsession, LLC © 2017 Resin Obsession, LLC