How should I make molds of these sculptures?

Resin jewelry making resin art supplies Forums Molds and moldmaking How should I make molds of these sculptures?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katherine Swift 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

artofshaneanddevon

Imgur link here: https://imgur.com/a/ycvzty4

I am fairly new to resin casting and silicone molding. These two sculptures are more complicated than the small ones I’ve already done, and I am not sure how to make the molds, particularly how to place the seams (if that’s the phrase for it).

The first one with feathers is very delicate, what kind of silicone should I use? How should I divide the seam? Is a mold even possible?

The second one is just oddly shaped and I am not sure how to place it.

I know they look a bit messy right now, I haven’t sanded and touched them up yet.

• #36234 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Hi,

You have a lot going on here!

I want to help you with your project, and I think this situation is best suited for a one-on-one consulting call where you and I talk back and forth about what’s going on. I can set you up for a 15 or 30 minute consultation call. If you want to send an email through our contact page, I am happy to respond with prices and availability.

Reply To: How should I make molds of these sculptures?
Your information: