Adding art to a compact

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Michaelene:

I have worked with resin quite a few times. I do compacts in which I paint them and then top with resin and a vintage piece of jewelry. They turn out really sweet. I bought some metal flasks that have an “inlaid” circle in the middle. I would like to put our football team logo in there and cover with resin to protect and give it a bit of a sparkle. Any suggestions on how I can do this? I only have ten and want to sell them at a little private craft show, so I don’t want to screw them up. Also, are you familiar with a Cricut machine. This machine can cut out vinyl. Can I put resin on top of that? Thanks for all your help.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

What a neat idea! Are the logos going to be made out of vinyl? If so, you likely won’t need to seal them before using them in resin. The way you can check is whether not or the appearance changes when the cutout gets wet. If it changes, then you will need to seal it first. I would also make sure the inlaid circle is fully sealed to make sure resin doesn’t run out. A couple of layers of clear drying glue should work. This will also help to adhere the cutout to the circle.

As for the resin, I would use the Resin Obsession crystal doming resin: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-resin

Please share pictures when you are finished!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Adding art to a compact’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube