Reply To: Encasing breast milk and placenta in resin

Chelsea Cameron

Sarah- I do not know how to go about it without a dehydrator. You could try using your oven set at 100 degrees, checking it often so it doesn’t burn. When the drops are starting to lift and flake off the parchment paper it is done.

I should have also added that during the flash pasteurize once the ice bath is complete, use a pipette to gather milk around the fatty layer that has formed at the top. Then drip onto parchment paper to dehydrate. I have only need to use arrowroot powder one time when I had a sample with a very high fat content.

Ashley- I do not use any chemicals to preserve, once I have flashed pasteurize I use very clean handling of the milk before it is mixed into the resin. I know the breastmilk community will claim that my method will mold and not produce long lasting jewelry but the first necklace I made is almost a year and half old and shows no signs of molding or yellowing. All resin will eventually start to yellow over time.

I just used a small wooden stir stick and a wooden toothpick to drip the resin into the tree pendant cut outs – I’m not going to lie it is very tedious.

Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube