Food safe resin

This topic contains 48 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katherine Swift 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Yes, it is fine for that purpose.

#9496 Reply

Abby A

Hi!
    I was wondering if I made a coffee mug out of this or coated a coffee mug if this resin was dishwasher safe? Would it yellow from the heat?

#9498 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

The food safe resin we sell is not dishwasher or microwave safe.

#9545 Reply

Diana

I made soap dishes with resin and I have put them in the dishwasher when it’s looking messy. Is it safe to do that?

#9547 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

No, it’s not.

#9560 Reply

Diana Cell

Does putting a resin piece in the dishwasher create toxicity for other pieces or does it just ruin the resin piece?

#9561 Reply

Diana

Does putting a resin piece in the dishwasher create toxicity for other pieces or does it just ruin the resin piece?

#9753 Reply

Marcia

Do you know if the FDA resin is dishwasher safe?

#9755 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

It is not dishwasher or microwave safe.

#9774 Reply

Lenita

Hello! I’m wanting to coat the interior of a glass goblet that I’ve silvered (the way they make mirrors) and I’m wondering if the resin will change the color of the silver at all. Is it okay to use on metal (albeit a thin layer)?

Also, for those wanting to use the dyes in the resin and still have it be food safe, one option could be to use the dyed resin as the first layer and then after it cures, coat the colored layer with a layer of the clear, un-dyed resin. Just an idea!

#9777 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

Yes, you can apply resin over the silver without changing the appearance.

#9871 Reply

Lacy Browning

Is the Resin Spray food safe as well? I was going to spray a tumbler after applying glitter, and didnt know if it was or not. I do use the Alumilite, but would like to know if the spray is similar. Thank you!!

#9873 Reply

Katherine Swift
    Keymaster

The resin spray has not been tested for food safe applications.

#9912 Reply

Amelua

Hi. I’m making decoupage chopping boards. Do you know any product which is food safe and will be strong enough that I can cut on this chopping board?

#10192 Reply

Sam

Hi Katherine!
    I saw you recommended this product to somebody interested in making food safe shot glasses, and I just wanted to ask a few questions: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/products/alumilite-amazing-clear-cast-epoxy-resin-16-ounces?variant=1195651921
    I have a small plastic container that I would like to make safe to use as a shotglass, for spirits of no more than 40% abv. If I were to lightly coat the inside of this object with the amazing clear cast expoxy resin, am I right in thinking the object would be safe for infrequent use as a shotglass?
    Thanks 🙂
    Sam

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
Reply To: Food safe resin
Your information: