Resin is Bendable After it Cured

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shelby Dellinger

Hi there!

I’m new to resin and decided to jump right in. I live in south Texas next to the beach so (like you) it is hot and humid almost all of the time. The first one I did was a bangle bracelet and it came out great and a crystal shaped pendant. I used Castin’ Craft Easy Cast and the only additive was creative concepts gold leaf. The bangle completely cured and was not bendable. The first time I wore the bracelet it was still hard and not bendable when I left the house. After wearing the bracelet for approximately an hour and being outside for 30 minutes of that hour, I could almost fold it in half.

I did another project with Alumilite Amazing Clear Cast. It’s an oval shaped earring pendant. This time I added a drop of acrylic paint. It completely cured and was hard. However some days, AKA right now, I can bend it in any direction. It does go back to the original shape but I haven’t left the house or taken it outside. The acrylic paint could be what is causing the Amazing Clear Cast to bend but it’s not always bendable.

Is the cause of these two problems user error? Or does it have to do with the heat/humidity of where I live?

Thanks!
      Shelby

Rhonda J Hunter

It’s probably the heat and humidity. I wrecked a pair of earrings I made, going shopping in 90 degree heat. Hoops looked like rubber bands – LOL!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

I think EasyCast resin, even when fully cured, is still soft.

I can’t say I have had the same experience with the Amazing clear cast, but I typically use that resin in bezels and other doming projects, not in molds.

Have you considered the Resin Obsession super clear resin? It cures very hard and will keep its form, even in humid weather. You can buy it in our shop here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-super-clear-resin

Shelby Dellinger

Thank you! I’ll give that a shot 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin is Bendable After it Cured’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube