Resin not fully cured

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

This question comes from Sally:

Hello, I was wondering if you knew anything about Epoxy resin. I’m in the middle of a HUGE school project and I’m kind of at a standstill. I have a 7x7in tile 3/4″ thick. The bottom and insides have cured from what I can tell but the top surface layer is still sticky. It has been curing for over 48hrs. Is there a way to seal of the surface area so it is not sticky?

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Sally,

My thought is that the resin wasn’t thoroughly mixed and that is why you have the stickiness. If the resin is past its cure time, giving it additional time won’t help.

At this point, you have two options:

1. Mix another batch of resin and recoat the surface.
      2. If it’s only sticky like touching tape, you can coat with a layer of our resin gloss sealer spray: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/tools-and-supplies/products/castin-craft-gloss-resin-sealer-spray

Good luck!

Sheri Beach

I used the 2 part coating and casting resin on 4 yeti cups 2 came out great but two are still tacket almost wet after 48 hours what can I do to help with this

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hi Sheri,

If your resin is gooey, I would try to remove it from the cups. You can try acetone or denatured alcohol (wear disposable gloves). I don’t know if it will affect the finish of the cups, so be careful. Otherwise, if they are only sticky, I would use the suggestions mentioned above.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Resin not fully cured’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube