Ashy looking specs in cured resin?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Teresa

I was SO excited to finally get a good pour!  No bubbles, no tackiness…but as I was working under a bright light putting chains to each pendant, I noticed tiny black/grey specs within the resin!  It “works” with vintage photos…kind of fits, but not so great with baby pics on a white background.  What could that be?!  I was SO careful to blowdry the work area to remove any dust.  Then cleaned the table again just to be sure.  I carefully watched the pendants the first half hour removing any bubbles or specs of lint.  Kept them covered with a rubbermaid container until the next day when they were cured.  Any ideas?!     🙂

Katherine Swift

Teresa,

Was this with Easy Cast resin?  I have seen this before when the resin got too cold.  Try putting it in a warm water bath for 5 to 8 minutes.  Dry the bottles well before using again.

Teresa

It is Enviro Tex (ETI)…  Should I still try to put it in warm water prior to using?  

Katherine Swift

Yes.  I have had this happen before with ETI brand resins.  Warm it up, then mix as usual.  Your specks should be gone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Ashy looking specs in cured resin?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube