Bangle with floating center

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kelly Bowman

Messing around on Pinterest one day I had a quick look at a resin bangle with a center strip that had glitter floating in a liquid in it. I saw it just as I was closing the page. Of course I have not been able to find it since. The best way to describe it is that the bangle has three layers. The two outer layers were solid blue. The center layer was clear and encased a liquid with glitter free flowing thru it. Does anyone have any idea how this could have been made? I have been doing internet searches for days and cannot find anything like it. Thanks!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Kelly,

If I were to try something like this, I would cast the first blue layer. I would then cast a clear layer. The free flowing liquid is likely in a clear ring that exactly fits into the bangle. (Think the liquid inside the level used for home repair and building.) Once you cast the clear ring in the clear resin, you likely won’t notice they the clear ring. Unfortunately, I don’t have a source for something like that. I would then cast the last blue layer.

Jamie Landry

Maybe use something like air hose tubing for fish tanks. Don’t think that is wide enough to look free flowing,but that was my first thought. Good luck & let us know if you figure it out

Dora Nice

I’m going to try using the air tubing, as suggested in Jamie’s post and then pour clear resin over it, let it cure and then do another colored layer. I think this would ensure that the tubing layer would be seen

Clinton Gallagher @tapABILITIES

Great idea Jamie. I suggest looking into “cannula” it is a type of clear flexible medical tubing that can be found in different ID and OD diameters. People who are hooked up to the portable oxygen tanks for breathing wear a cannula for example.

Rijacki Ledum

I’m not sure how small of a tube you could make, but the We R Memory Keepers Fuse Tool might work. It wouldn’t completely in the round, there would be a start stop spot, but it could be fully sealed. https://www.scrapbook.com/store/ac-662567.html Not the only place it can be bought, just a handy location I knew it would be available.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Bangle with floating center’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube