Bendy bangle

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Charlotte Sainsbury

I cast a bangle that was thin (0.6mm) and although it took a while to go hard (about a week) it has now. When I did another one it is still really soft and bendy after three weeks.

Is this because it is thin? Also would it help to mix a larger quantity of resin to get the heat going in it?

I don’t really want to give up on it because the mold was professionally made and cost a lot of money and I really like the shape.

I am using the Elichem Totalcast resin (I’m in the UK) and have had no problems with other pieces not curing, even small thin pendants.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Charlotte,

What did you add to the bangles when casting them?

Charlotte Sainsbury

The one that has eventually cured has forget me not flowers in it. The one that has not cured has silver foil pieces in it.

Katherine Swift
        Keymaster

Hmm. I wouldn’t expect them to cause the resin to cure soft. How long has the bangle been curing?

Charlotte Sainsbury

Three weeks now. Could it be that ia mixed the resin wrong? If that’s the case I must have done it twice as I did a ring as well with gold flakes in too that wouldn’t harden. Very strange.

Charlotte Sainsbury

I’ll have a look and try one more time. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Bendy bangle’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube