Brittle resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brooke

Hi,
      I have been using Resin Obsession Super Clear Resin 6 oz kit – jewelry quality resin to make bangles. Once cured and out of their mould I have accidentally broken two by dropping them on floor boards. I am reluctant to sell them if dropped once they may break. Do you think I am using the correct resin? Also any hints on what I can do to stop them breaking?
      Thanks so much!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Brooke,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the super clear resin.

The resin obsession super clear resin cures quite hard. It’s another reason I like using it for bracelets and rings. It can take ‘high impact’ wear and not soften or warp due to body heat. Unfortunately though as you have found out, it may break if dropped on a hard surface.

You could try the Resin Obsession crystal doming instead. You can buy it in our store here: https://shop.resinobsession.com/collections/resin/resin-obsession-crystal-doming-resin . It mixes thicker so getting bubbles out are going to be tricky, but it won’t cure as hard. I wouldn’t expect it to break if dropped on a floor, but it may dent.

Does that help?

Brooke Mckenzie

Thanks so much for your reply Katherine.

Katherine Swift
          Keymaster

You bet. Please keep me posted on your progress. I would love to know what you decide to do.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Brittle resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube