Brushing on resin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ricki

Hi! I have this really huge project that I’ve gotten myself into and am not sure it was the best plan but want to keep going.

I’ve built a giant bell jar (4 feet tall, two feet in diameter) and want to brush on resin to then remove the mold of the jar. Ideally I’ll end up with a 1/2” thick clear bell jar. I’ve gotten as far as ensuring that the form I made out of concrete and plaster has been coated with a resin resistant layer and I have mold release wax. But I can’t find any tips on the possibilities of brushing on resin in thick layers.

Is there a thick clear resin I can use? Thickeners Sean to fog the resin.

Could I wait until the resin is drying and has semi hardened and use it at that point so that it’s more congealed?

Need a resin that is hard but not brittle. Crystal clear is ideal!

Thank you

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ricki,

You have a lot going on here!

I want to help you with your project, and I think this situation is best suited for a one-on-one consulting call where you and I talk back and forth about what’s going on. I can set you up for a 15 or 30 minute consultation call. If you want to send an email through our contact page, I am happy to respond with prices and availability.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Brushing on resin’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube