Bubbles Ring

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Diana

Katherine,

My paperweight turned out well, except for the last layer. I added all successive layers at the soft gel stage and there were no demarcation lines, however, I was too tired to add the last layer as it was midnight and waited 8 hours and when I unmolded, I found that it formed a bubble ring demarcation. Does that happen when too much time elapses when adding a layer? I’m now trying to sand it out.

Thanks.

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Can you share a picture? That will help me better with troubleshooting. Either include a link (if it’s online) or you can email a copy to info [at] resinobsession {dot} com.

Diana

Thanks Katherine. I just sent you a picture of my paperweight.

Diana

bubbles in resin

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Ugh. How frustrating! Yes, this could be related to waiting to pour layers, but there are other factors as well such as extra bubbles in the resin before you even poured it. I wish I had the knowledge of a physicist who could explain the bubbles/surface tension/heat thing because I know that impacts it.

Would you consider drilling and replacing the bubbles with new resin? I don’t know if that is any easier than sanding, but it might go by faster. Kate Ledum posted a tutorial on that this week: https://www.resinobsession.com/resin-resin-resin/how-to-fix-bubbles-in-resin You will still need to do a little sanding, but a smaller area than what you have to cover now.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Bubbles Ring’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube