Can I work with resin outdoors?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ally

Hi all,

I’m looking to start doing resin at home and I’m researching some topics before I begin. I was thinking that I would have my work space set up in the shed outside with the roller door open as there is no lights or air-conditioning in it. However, when I was watching a youtube video I saw in the comments a similar question posted with the answer being that working outdoors with resin is not suitable due to the air particles or something getting into the resin when you’re working with it, so it would affect the result. I wanted to confirm that this is true. For other info, I live in Australia so it can get very hot and humid in the summer. I have no where else to work with resin inside our house, so I would like to find out before I make any purchases on supplies. Thank you for any help or suggestions!

Katherine Swift
      Keymaster

Hi Ally,

Yes, you can work with resin outdoors. I do it frequently when working with large volumes.

You do have to work about dust particle contamination, so plan on working quickly.

If your outdoor temperature is warm (above 75F), it will shorten your resin’s pot time. Once again, plan on working quickly. 🙂

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Can I work with resin outdoors?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe to blog updates
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Pinterest
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Youtube
Follow on Youtube